St. Joseph's is a Top 100 Performing School
We have received a letter from the Secretary of State for Schools congratulating our school for being amongst the top 100 schools for progress made in the 2014 School Performance Tables. Read the full story here.
Everyone at St. Joseph's would like to welcome you to our happy and caring school.
Our website gives you lots of information about our school and we hope you will enjoy looking around and finding out more about the many interesting and exciting things that happen here – whether you are a pupil, parent, parishioner, prospective parent, governor, staff member or even a past pupil from long ago!
Our school is committed to safeguarding and safe practices and you can read our policy in the useful information section.
Enjoy your time on our website and don't forget to leave us a message in our guestbook. Have a good visit!
New Things on our Web
- 23 Jan 15: Updated Admissions Arrangements documents.
- 23 Jan 15: Year 3 learnt about the transportation of nutrients around the body.
- 23 Jan 15: Introducing our new House Team Badges.
- 23 Jan 15: Letter re: our Attendance and Absence Procedures.
- 23 Jan 15: Lucky families attended a Variety Show at the Civic Centre.
- 16 Jan 15: A letter from David Laws MP congratulating our school for progress made.
- 16 Jan 15: New school dinner menu.
- 16 Jan 15: Letter re: Parents' Survey 2014 School Response.
- 16 Jan 15: Letter re: Pupil Questionnaire 2014 Results.
- 16 Jan 15: Class Newsletters for Spring Term.
- 16 Jan 15: During our Christmas Carol Service the children retold the Nativity.
- 16 Jan 15: New Early Years Foundation Stage Policy.
- 10 Jan 15: Latest School Newsletter and diary dates.
- 10 Jan 15: Letter about new Mini-Reports.
- 10 Jan 15: The choir were invited to sing at the opening of Barclays Bank.
- 27 Dec 14: Our House Point Winners for this term were Respect.
- 27 Dec 14: On the last day of term we completed our Jesse Tree.
- 27 Dec 14: Year 1 children made Christmas Cards to take home for their family.
- 27 Dec 14: Year 1 received Letters from Elves in response to their letters to Santa.
- 27 Dec 14: Key Stage 2 children all performed in this year's Nativity.
- 27 Dec 14: We donated tins of food for the Good Shepherd Homeless Shelter.
- 27 Dec 14: Year 5 held a Topic Showcase of their work on the The Great Fire of London.
- 27 Dec 14: Year 6 went on a Modern Foreign Language trip to the German Market.
- 27 Dec 14: For their science topic, Year 5 visited the National Space Centre.
- 27 Dec 14: We held an Inter-House Football Competition.
- 27 Dec 14: Year 6 learnt about Mayans on their visit to Cadbury World.
- 19 Dec 14: Latest School Newsletters and diary dates.
- 19 Dec 14: All the children enjoyed a party and disco to celebrate Christmas.
- 19 Dec 14: Year 1 made melting Snowmen Biscuits.
- 19 Dec 14: Children in Years 1 and 2 performed the Nativity for their parents.
- 19 Dec 14: The choir sang Christmas songs at the Merry Hill Shopping Centre.
- 19 Dec 14: Reception children enjoyed a seasonal trip to Wonderland.
- 19 Dec 14: Year 2 stepped back in time on a visit to the Black Country Museum.
- 19 Dec 14: Year 3 met some travel agents as part of their Geography work.
- 19 Dec 14: During advent we hold Jesse Tree Assemblies every day.
- 19 Dec 14: Reception met some firemen during their topic on people who care for us.
- 19 Dec 14: EYFS presented a beautiful Nativity to their parents.
- 19 Dec 14: Year 1 designed and decorated their own cookies.
- 19 Dec 14: Year 3 made some delicious Mince Pies with Mrs Skelding.
- 19 Dec 14: Year 3 have been filling a manger with straw every time a child does a good deed.
- 19 Dec 14: Year 6 shared their work on the Mayans with parents.
- 19 Dec 14: Years 3 and 6 made their own Christmas decorations out of willow.
- 19 Dec 14: We learnt about the Islam faith during Brilliant to be in Britain Week.
- 19 Dec 14: See the new signs installed at the front of our school.
- 19 Dec 14: Mr Gilbert created a new stage for the EYFS children.
- 19 Dec 14: Year 2 presented the story of Jonah and the Whale in their assembly.
- 19 Dec 14: Year 2 learnt how to press apples and pears to make juice.
- 19 Dec 14: At the start of term, Reception children enjoyed their first school lunch.
- Previous updates
Our web was last updated on 23 January, 2015